General Terms and Conditions of Use for Lambeth's Parking Permits / e-permits

Use - the permit is only valid for the vehicle stated on it or as registered on your online account. The permit / e-permit must be used within the zone it is issued for.

Size of vehicle - Your vehicle can be either a motorcycle, passenger vehicle or a light goods vehicle with no more than 8 seats. The overall height should not exceed 2.3 metres. The length should not exceed 5.5 metres.

Change of vehicle - When you change your vehicle you should immediately apply for a new permit. Your existing permit is only valid on the vehicle which matches the registration number on the front or as registered on your online account.

Replacement permits - Will be issued when your existing permit has been lost, damaged or stolen. Once the replacement permit is issued, the existing permit becomes invalid. There will be an administration charge for the reissue of a permit. If the lost or stolen permit is recovered, then it should be returned to the Council.

Replacement permits are non-refundable

Suspensions - From time to time it may be necessary to suspend a parking bay, this is normally due to road works being carried out by the utility companies, such as gas or electricity. During the period for which the bay is suspended, parking is not permitted in the bay. Even if a valid permit is displayed / exists a PCN will still be issued and the vehicle may be towed away.

It is the permit holder's responsibility to ensure that the bay in which their vehicle is parked is not suspended during the time their vehicle is there.

Refunds - e-permits - If you no longer require your e-permit you may apply for a refund. Please visit your online account and select the option cancel permit. An administration fee of £5 will be deducted per e-permit cancelled. The refund amount is calculated on how many full calendar months remain on your e-permit.

Please note: No refunds will be given where the amount owing is the same as or less than the administration fee. Refunds will also not be given on replacement permits.

Refunds - paper permits - If you no longer require your parking permit you may apply for a refund and cancel your permit. The refund amount is calculated on how many full calendar months remain on the permit and will only be paid from the date we receive your permit. You must return the permit that you wish to be cancelled. Your permit must be sent by recorded delivery as we will not be able to provide a refund if your permit is lost in the post. An administration fee of £5 is payable per permit.

Please note: No refunds will be given where the amount owing is the same as or less than the administration fee. Refunds will also not be given on replacement permits. If you need to return a permit, please send it to: London Borough of Lambeth, Parking Services, PO BOX 734, Winchester, SO23 5DG.

Temporary Permit - In certain circumstances we will issue you with a 2-week temporary permit to cover the period of processing your applications. This permit must be displayed in your windscreen.


Paying online

Payment for all our permits can be made online at the time of your application, by credit/debit card. Where we are not able to validate your application electronically through our third-party credit reference agency we will ask you to submit (either electronically or by post) your paper proofs to complete the application. If you choose to proceed with your application, we will ask you to pay the full price for the permit you have selected. However, failure to supply the remaining proof documents or that a fraudulent application has taken place within one month of the application will result in the permit being cancelled without refund.

Payments at the Customer Centre

We can only take payments by cheque, postal order or debit/credit card at the Customer Centre. We cannot accept payment by cash.

Other Condition for each Permit Type


Qualification - You live within a London Borough of Lambeth Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) and you are the registered keeper or sole user for a vehicle.

For your address to qualify as your 'main residence' you would normally spend approximately four nights a week there and pay the relevant Council Tax.

Your property cannot be restricted for parking permits by the Section 106 order

Purchasing this permit does not guarantee you parking outside of your home.

Foreign Registered Vehicles will only be issued with a permit for a maximum of six months. In exceptional circumstances, we may consider extending this but would require documented proof to show that the registered keeper does not usually reside in the UK and that the vehicle spends no more than 6 months in any 12 month outside the UK.

Permit Criteria

You must provide proof that you are the keeper and user of the vehicle. Where we request paper proofs the following documents will be acceptable:

If the car is leased, a copy of the lease agreement is required. If your company uses a fleet management specialist, a letter from them will be accepted; however, it must include the information requested above and confirm the name of the company you work for.

Proofs - When applying online we carry our verification of you at your address. If successful, you will not need to provide any further information. If we have been unable to verify your details automatically, we will send your permit once we have approved the documentation provided.

Please provide the following. This can be uploaded onto the online account.

To prove you are the keeper of the vehicle:

Also, two items from the list below as proof of address, these need to be for the address you are applying for a permit at:

You will be able to scan your proofs (or take a photo of them) as part of this application and upload them to your online account.

Online Checks

For resident permit applications, we process your application online. This means we need to validate the details you provide with us electronically. To do this we will attempt to verify your identity using a third-party credit reference agency. The agency will check the details you supply against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. A record of the search will be retained but will not be visible to other parties or affect your credit record.

Resident e-permit Conditions

E-permits can only be used by the vehicle that is registered on your online account. E-permits should only be used in the zone it has been allocated for. E-permits will allow holders to park in resident bays and the following shared use bays; resident/business and resident/pay and display, during the hours parking restrictions are in force, providing your E-permit zone code matches that as displayed on the timeplate.

Motorcycle permits - Are subject to the same conditions as a resident's permit. A permit must be displayed on the vehicle. If you have issues affixing your permit to the vehicle, we can provide a circular tax disc shaped permit on request. Please contact us by selecting contact parking, transport and streets teams on our webpages.

Courtesy Vehicles - We provide a discretionary temporary cover to resident permit holders when their usual vehicle being repaired or serviced and a loan/hire car is being used. You will need to fill out an application form and provide a letter on headed paper either from the garage or hire company giving the dates when the courtesy/hire car will be in your possession.

Temporary Permit (For new residents) - If you are a new resident applying for a parking permit, we appreciate that you may be unable to provide the required level of proof for a standard resident permit.

The one month permit can enable you to park conveniently with only a minimal level of proof while you wait for the required documents to apply for a standard permit.

To apply for a temporary one month permit you must provide one document showing your name and the new CPZ address. This can be any one of the following from the proof of address list in the proofs list above. We may require you to pay for a full year's permit. The full year's permit will be sent to you on production of the proofs. You will be unable to apply for a refund if you have not been able to supply the proofs.


Visitor permits can be purchased by any resident for the zone they live in. Each household can be issued a maximum of 50 permits (10 books of 5) with a 12-month period, although extra permits may be issued in exceptional circumstances.

The visitor permits are for private/domestic use only and must be use in accordance with the terms and conditions stated on the voucher and General Terms and Conditions.

Visitors permits can be purchased in books of 5 online.

You will need to provide two items from the list below as proof of address if your application cannot be automatically verified.

These documents must be for the address you are applying for:

Visitors permits are non-refundable, exchangeable or to be resold.


Eligibility - Your business or organisation is within a London Borough of Lambeth's control parking zone (CPZ) and the vehicle or vehicles are used in the course of that business. The application should be in the vehicle user's name.

Criteria - To meet the criteria for a business permit you should have:

Permit Conditions - The permit is only valid for the vehicle stated on the front. It allows the holder to park in business bays and shared use (business and pay & display) bays during the hours of operation of the controlled parking scheme.

Unless you have purchased an all zones business permit, then the permit is only valid for the bays within the zone for which it was issued. The permit will display the zone letter, the zone area where relevant, followed by the letter 'B' indicating that it is a business permit. The permit must be displayed facing outwards, on the near side of the windscreen at all times. Failure to display the permit correctly may result in the issuing of a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) or removal of the vehicle.


To apply for a teacher parking permit:


Teacher permits are for teaching staff use only and must be use in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions


Eligibility - These permits are for CCG staff who can demonstrate an operational need to travel within the borough.

These permits are for CCG staff use only and must be use in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions.


Applications for traders' permits must be accompanied by either a work order or a quote for work on company headed paper.

These vouchers are non-refundable. They are only valid if the vehicle registration is written in pen.

They are subject to the Terms and Conditions as stated on the back of the permit.


To be eligible for a doctor parking permit:

You must have a doctor's parking bay assigned to your surgery (the bay number will appear on the parking permit).

All applications must include a:


To be eligible for a white badge permit you must be a Lambeth resident and already have a blue badge registered to your address. The white badge is specific to the vehicle and cannot be transferred to other vehicles. You must be a disabled person and driver of the vehicle (unless individual with disability is a minor). The white badge allows you to park in disabled bays in Lambeth without having to display your blue badge.

A £2 admin fee applies.

All applications must include:

You will also need to provide one form of proof of residence, from the list below.


'Quick Rate' Icons provided by